Saturday, February 12, 2011

Supernatural Demon Slayers : Chapter 2 - A Piece of University Life ( 大学生活の一部 )

Glenn was snoring midway through the quiz. He had only managed to finished half of the paper before he fell asleep. A few people were snickering at him.

“Mr. Skyler.” Mr. Howard said, glancing at him with an raised eyebrow.

Glenn just kept snoring away.

“Skyler.” Mia whispered, prodding his arm. “Skyler, wake up.”

“Stop prodding me, Lloyd…” Glenn mumbled.

“This is unbelievable!!!!” Mr. Howard shouted. “SKYLER!!!!!!!!!!!”

But there’s no effect. Glenn just yelled, “Stop yelling, Lloyd!!!!! I’m trying to survive tomorrow’s quiz….”

“SKYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Mr. Howard yelled, and he slammed his books on the table. It has their effect, Glenn stood up with his eyes shut and kicked the table over that it went crashing towards the teacher’s table. The teacher stared at him, and so did his classmates.

“Mumble…mumble….” Glenn then fall asleep again.

“I give up!!!!!!!” Mr. Howard screamed, raising his hands in surrender.

Suddenly, Glenn woke up. “Ugh, what’s going on??? Why are you screaming your head out, Mr. H?”

“Skyler, see me in my office later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Few minutes later, Mr. H was nursing an ice pack on his head to cool down himself. Glenn was standing right in front of his desk, looking dazed.

“Skyler, you are already in university.” Mr. Howard said, trying to cool down. “And your grades are slipping. You can’t expect to survive university like this, and you said you wanted to study A-Levels. They’ll be looking at your results and applications….”

“Um… Mr. H, sir,” Glenn said nervously. “I’m don’t think I told you this, but I’m working as a part-time supernatural slayer, so I don’t think A-Levels will be looking at my applications… ”

“How can you be so sure?” Mr. Howard asked. “Do you have a second-choice school or career?”

“Ummmmmm…..Dancing????” Glenn asked carefully. “The University of California in Berkeley is offering limited spaces for free to those who with flying colours and I could go transfer next Fall if I manage to exceed their expectations…. ”

“Then I suggest you redouble your efforts,” Mr. Howard said. “I expect you to get a B in my next pop quiz…”

Glenn left the office, only to see Mia was sitting in the hallway. She was staring at him with a “How-did-it-go?” look.

“Don’t worry.” Glenn assured her. “It’s nothing big.”

Mia nodded. Then she said, “Want to go over to Ray’s now?”

Glenn just answered, “Anything, I just have to clear my head….”

**********

Few minutes later, they both headed over to Ray’s Pizza. Glenn ordered taco and Coke, whereas Mia ordered a small vegetarian pizza and a soda.

As they waited for their food, Mia said, “So, you slept through the quiz.”

“Well, I came back late at night,” Glenn leaned an arm against the back of his side of the booth. “Then I didn’t get enough sleep that night. Now, Howard is making sure I can scrape a B for his next quiz.”

“I could help you if you like,” Mia offered. “ My folks won’t be coming till next week. So I could tutor you a little…” When Glenn was staring at her all funnily, she said, “If my folks sees me tutoring you all by myself in my own apartment, they could probably slaughter me and transfer me to Asia. There are a lot of Us there.”

“I see what you mean, but I’ll probably be busy,” Glenn answered. “Since Lloyd hardly gives me any day off. ”

“1 taco and Coke and 1 small vegetarian pizza and soda’s up,” the guy behind the counter said.

Glenn got up and got the orders and gave Mia her pizza and soda. As he took a bite of his taco, he said, “I don’t want to trouble you, Mia. I mean, are you sure you have enough time to spend on tutoring me?”

Mia sipped her soda and said, “What are friends for?”


Later, they talked about the U's cafeteria food about how much they charged for just one small packet of drink or food, and what can they do to lower the price.


After eating finish their meal, Mia gathered up her things and said, "Are you heading back now?"


Glenn checked his digital watch. Ooops. It's nearly 3 p.m. If he don't hurry up and get back now, he's gonna have to do 50 sit ups.


"Yup. I had better get back. Or I might be stripped of my position as assistant." He jokingly said.


Mia shoved him lightly and smiled. "I think you'd better. Or else Anderson night get mad at you."


Glenn shifted his bagpack to his right shoulder and said, "Well, I had better get moving."



**********


Stellar Inc. is one of the famous company for exporting goods to all over the world, such as Asia, Europe, Japan and Russia. They also manufacture something forbidden and in secret, experiment bio-tech war weapons. Experiment bio-tech weapons are the main reason why they're rich and in the top 100 list. Of course from the outside they looked normal, but on the inside, they're doing forbidden stuff.


Two scientists were leading what looks like their boss into a heavily guarded room. They stopped at a metal door which needs identification card scan and code. One of the sciencetists put in his identification card and entered a code. The door slid open and they entered what looks like some sort of laboratory. High-tech computer equipments were surrounded by sciencetists who were busy tapping keys. One of the scientists handed the boss a report.


"We got an order. They want our latest and most perfect bio weapon." The scientist said.


The boss, a tall woman with shoulder length dark hair read the report and said, "The weapon is ready, right?"


"Yup." The scientist said proudly. "But we haven't brought her out for a test run."


"Then bring her out for the test run." The boss snapped.


The scientist grabbed a receiver and said, "Bring in experiment no.54896 for a test run."

1 comment:

  1. The quizz part was funny.

    Can't wait to read what is experiment no.54896.

    ReplyDelete